Tuesday 23 February 2010

Public Art Project

Site Visits (23.02.10)

Having been making visits back and forth from site for the past couple of weeks, taking and checking various measurements, I finally managed to get the stile installed on the morning of the site visits.


A few adjustments had to be made, such as carving away a few indents so that the main posts would fit around protruding parts where the lock and chain were but apart from that it fitted rather neatly over the top of the gate.


I attached a small wooden box over the 'horns' at the top of both gates to prevent anyone from injuring themselves but also to function as a little something to hold on to as you are climbing over.



It also seems to function rather well as a table to eat your fish and chips on!


Having managed to put to tighten the last bolt as people arrived I was very much aware that I should really have installed it the day before to allow myself time to go and see other people's work - I sincerely hope that people did not think that I was not interested in their work and I do feel annoyed that I didn't get to see some of the other one off pieces to discuss later in the crit.

1 comment:

  1. i was hoping to email you directly but unfortunately there are no contact details on your blog.

    I'm not sure what really differentiates this project from my own work that you've posted earlier as an influence on this idea...i would be interested to hear your thoughts. my email is jennz693 [at] gmail [dot] com

    cheers,
    jen grant

    ReplyDelete